Until now, participation in viRACE virtual runs and challenges was linked to the condition that you either run with your mobile phone or manually upload a GPS file after participation. As of recently, results can now also be integrated directly from Strava.
Of course, we recommend that all participants in virtual races and challenges run primarily with their mobile phone in order to benefit from the full potential of the viRACE app in terms of competition atmosphere and ambiance. However, if your running clothes don’t have a suitable storage option for your phone, you are running in a place without coverage, the battery of your mobile phone is empty or you simply don’t want to carry your phone with you, then you can now conveniently connect your Strava account with viRACE.
Set up the connection
1. Log into your account at https://virace.app and click on “User” → “Connections”.
2. Click on “Connect with Strava”.
You will be taken to a new page. Log in to your Strava account here and then give permission for the exchange (see picture).
3. The connection is now set up.
Connect Strava data with viRACE Event
viRACE will check your activities in the future and see if they can be connected to a viRACE event. If this is the case, it will be displayed on the information page of the event. For example, if you have run 5km on a Wednesday, this will be displayed on the Run N’ Win. Important: You must be registered for the event!
After the run has been sent from Strava to viRACE, this will be displayed on the information page. Click on “Participate” to confirm your time.
viRACE will check your activities in the future and see if they can be linked to a viRACE event. For example, if you ran 5 km on Wednesday, this will be displayed under the “Activities” tab (User → Matched Activities) for selection.
- Click on “User” → “Matched Activities”.
- All activities that meet the requirements of the virtual event (e.g. cover the specified distance) are displayed here. Click on “Participate” for the desired activity to submit the time.
Good to know:
- The first transmission of Strava activities takes place only after the connection is established. This means that no past activities are loaded. If you want to participate in an event on Wednesday, it is best to connect on Tuesday (the connection only needs to be made once and is always active afterward).
- The section in which the specified distance was completed the fastest is automatically filtered out of the transmitted activity. So it doesn’t matter if the warmup and cooldown are also integrated into the activity.
- Of course, in the future you will also be able to participate directly in possible prize draws via upload and will be notified by e-mail if you win.